Warmest Greetings :)

Let us journey together as we trust in God for what is not, as if it were, until it becomes a reality!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who am I?

Who am I?
Who are you?
This is a question posed by many...Maybe even you, reading this article right now. “Who am I”?
Most of us allow this question to be defined from our upbringing, the schools we go to, the friends we make, the clothes we wear, the jobs we get. Don’t let your past mistakes or failures define who you are!
Only until we know who we are, can we find that inner peace, that inner happiness, that joy of knowing who we are and being content with who we are. The mistake we often make, is believing that self-discovery is a destination.  I am so and so. This leaves no room for growth or betterment. What I have learnt, maybe you have too, is that the self is not something we must define. The self is created. Our thoughts, our actions, the words we speak or the words we don’t say, shape who we are. Our choices and decisions give us character. The self is not discovered. The self is something one creates.
We will never find complete fulfillment in our lives until we know who we are in Jesus Christ. Allow me to shed some light before you search for the answer in the wrong places or in the wrong people. It is not a nice place to be when you don’t know who you are. There’s no worse-a-feeling than feeling lost, feeling like you don’t belong, feeling useless… and all these questions running through your mind, day in day out, ‘who am I? ‘What is my purpose’? ‘Why was I born’? I asked myself this question, “who am I” so many times whilst I was growing up and for the first time, many years later, I heard the answer. I heard Him whisper in my heart and in my mind that I was His.
YOU are His! That’s right, you are His. You have always been. You will always be. He chose you and created you in His likeness!  YOU are a unique and unrepeatable reflection of what it means to be God!
Who are you?
YOU are love! YOU are LIFE!  YOU are good! YOU are KIND! YOU are CARING! YOU are THOUGHTFUL! YOU are SWEET! YOU are LOVEABLE!  YOU are BEAUTIFUL! YOU are PATIENT. YOU are CLEVER! YOU are SMART! YOU are RESPECTFUL! YOU are GOD-FEARING! YOU are PEACE! YOU are HOPE! YOU are SUCCESS! YOU are RESTORED! YOU are MOTHER! YOU are FATHER! YOU are BROTHER! YOU ARE SISTER! YOU are FRIEND! YOU are WORTHY!
YOU are not a failure! You are not a disappointment! You are not useless! You are not a hypocrite! You are not a liar! You are not hateful! You are not revengeful! You are not guilty!
YOU are a child of the Most High! YOU are the apple of God’s eye! YOU are fearfully and wonderfully created! YOU are all these wonderful things and more! Who am I? ...no…”whose” am I? I am His! Set apart for Him.

Mike Lipkin, author of the book entitled “Lost and found-The Journey to Hell and Back” summarizes self discovery so beautifully in his words:
“I live in peace and surety.
 I let go of all fear and doubt of self.
I am never limited by my past experience or my present appearance.
I bless and let go of all that serves me no more.
 I dare to dream anew.
I choose what rings true for me and I honour it with love and acceptance.
I shed every thought separating me from it.
And finally, I rest secure in the truth that sets me free.
To be all that I can and choose to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment